The SPC Library supports the Vision, Mission, and Objectives of the College by providing clients with facilities and use of latest technology to enhance research and facilitate information access and retrieval.
The SPC Library shall provide access to all printed and non-printed materials and other information resources and ensure the preservation and conservation of these materials through technological innovations for use by future generations.
- To support the academic requirements of instruction and research in order to achieve the educational objectives of the college...
- To acquire adequate and up to date library materials to support the curricular offerings of the college.
- To organize effectively the acquired library materials to be made accessible to students, faculty, staff and other researchers.
- To provide references service to meet and supplement the needs of the clientele for their research projects and studies.
- To establish linkages with other libraries and information agencies nationwide.
In 1955, the St. Peter’s College’s Library was established with one librarian and limited collection. By 1985, it expanded to the Administration building, increased book collection, and added more periodicals. In 1990, it embraced computerization. In 2022, it subscribed to EBSCO Database, providing extensive scholarly resources for academic pursuits.
rules, Regulation and Procedure
For walk-in Library users
- Upon entering the library facility, students are required to write their name in the logbook provided and leave your bag at depository counter.
- Silence must be observed within the library premises at all times.
- wear face mask properly and observe social distancing.
- For the borrowing of printed materials students are asked what resources will be needed and advised to wait for the retrieval of the books at the shelves by the library-in-charge or students can openly retrieve the book itself.
- Students are advised to leave their School ID or any valid Id before they can borrow book.
- Open shelved system.
- Photocopying and scanning of the printed library collections are subjected to the rules on copyright and fair use. Photocopying of the entire book or any other.
For online Access
- Visit the OPAC (Online Public Access) of the SPC library at https://spc.edu.ph to access printed collection.
- Then click OPAC
- After choosing the physical library materials on the library OPAC that need to be borrowed, faculty, students must contact the lbrarian via e-mail at email@example.com or message the SPC Library-Iligan Facebook page for book reservation. Please take note of the schedule of pick-up at the libarary.